Our natural textured hair extensions are made of 100% virgin human hair. The texture of our hair is created through a steam process which creates a curl pattern to match the variety of textures that are grown and worn by women of all biological backgrounds. Wearing natural textured extensions allows you to compliment, not suppress, your natural hair with lengths and/ or textures that look as real as it would if it were growing out of your head. To that end, these extensions must be cared for in the same manner as you would your natural hair.
Below are a few tips on the best methods for maintaining your Saraeya Hair investment for best use and longevity.
- Saraeya Denman-Style brush. (This is not the Denman brand brush but serves as the same type of brush.)
- Detangling Conditioner
- Sulfate-free Shampoo
- Leave-In Conditioner
- Lite Daily Moisturizer
- Light-weight oil (Argon, Emu, Olive Oil)
Product brands we like
|Detangling Brush / Tools||
Saraeya Denman-Style brush.
(This is not the Denman brand brush. This is our signature Saraeya Detangling Brush).
|Detangling Conditioner||Creme of Nature Coconut Milk Detangling & Conditioning Shampoo|
|Sulfate-free Shampoo||OGX Shampoo, Healing Plus Vitamin E Shampoo|
|Light-weight oil (Argon, Emu, Olive Oil)||Emu Oil Pure Premium|
|Leave-In Conditioner||Cantu Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner|
Curl Definition Daily Hair & Scalp Conditioning Mist
Water in a spray bottle with your favorite conditioner. 2-1 Mix
Note: We are not affiliated with or sponsored by any of the non-Saraeya Hair products listed above. These are brands that we have found work best for the hair extensions we offer.
Maintenance Tips for your Saraeya Hair Extensions
- Always use minimal heat and heat protectant when achieving styles that require heat. Air trying when possible is always best.
- Seal the wefts of your bundles with weft sealant to reduce shedding.
- Cutting the weft exposes the track to unraveling and insecure hair strands. It is recommended to layer the wefts during sew-in installations/ not cutting the weft.
- Detangling should always be done with your hands under water followed by a wide-toothed comb.
- Small-teeth combs as disadvised for natural textured hair extensions as it separates curls more easily and could snap the hair strands attached to the weft.
- Remember this hair will perform just like human hair because, well, it is!
- It is best to use a sulfate-free shampoo when washing your hair extensions. It is advised to wash your extensions once every 1-2 weeks.
- Conditioning and co/ washing is always recommended; using that time to infuse conditioning moisture back into the extensions. Any product build-up should be addressed in a wash/ co-wash process, followed by a deep conditioner.
- Avoid laying down or going to bed with wet hair. Rubbing and friction on wet hair can cause tangling and matting.
- Braid down or twist your hair after washing and conditioning. As mentioned above, air drying is always best.
- Use a spritzing method of water and light conditioner throughout the day to revitalize your curls. Recommended for styles that are purposed for curls. Would avoid this for more straight textures.
- Curl custards and creams are also great for maintaining and define the curls of your hair extensions.
- Avoid using heavy or excessive hairdressing products which weigh the hair down and can cause build up. Too much product will restrict your hair extensions from performing freely and your style may become stiff.
- It is recommended that you consult with a professional stylist for coloring services. All Saraeya Hair extensions come in the natural brown color.
- Extensions can absolutely be dyed or bleach but it must be done responsibly in order not to damage/ overprocess the extensions. The safety measure for coloring your extensions works the same as it would your own hair.
Reviving Old Extensions
- Boil hot water (let cool for 5 mins)
- Add 3-6 table spoons of deep conditioner into the boiling water
- Carefully dip and saturate hair extensions or wig unit in the water
- Let sit for 15-20 mins (water should not still be boiling or heated during this process)
- Remove hair extensions or wig unit from water/ conditioner mix
- Rinse conditioner from hair extensions or wig unit
- Wash residual conditioner from hair extensions or wig unit with a non-heavy conditioning shampoo
- Wring out water from hair extensions or wig unit
- Hand/ air dry hair extensions or wig unit using the Saraeya hair hanger
- Style your revived hair extensions or wig unit
General Disclaimer: The above tips are ONLY suggestions on the best way to maintain your Saraeya Hair extensions. We recommend trialing products and methods that best suit your lifestyle and support your unique use of the hair. As you experiment with different products and routines, you are bound to find out the best methods for you and your journey using natural hair extensions.
Safety Disclaimer: Please adhere to the highest level of safety and care while observing or attempting any of the maintenance methods mentioned above. We are not responsible for damage extensions, units, or injuries as a result of these above tips.