Just like our weft extensions and clip ins, our natural textured wigs are made of 100% virgin human hair. The texture of our hair is created through a steam process which creates a curl pattern to match the variety of textures that are grown and worn by women of different ethnic backgrounds.
Wearing wig units is the perfect protective styling routine. It offers you the flexibility to quickly go from style to style without much manual intervention to your own hair. Of course there's "under the cap" grooming, like plaiting or cornrowing your natural hair for a smooth wig installation. But once you've treated your scalp and "set" your natural hair, wigs go on seamless and secure.
Although wigs are quick options for styling, they must also be maintained. After all, they are investments! Below are a few tips on the best methods for maintaining your Saraeya wig units longevity.
- Wide-toothed comb
- Detangling Conditioner
- Sulfate-free Shampoo
- Leave-In Conditioner
- Lite Daily Moisturizer
Products we like
|Wide-toothed combs||It's likely you already have this in your beauty cabinet. However, they can be purchased at your local beauty supply store.|
|Detangling Conditioner||Creme of Nature Coconut Milk Detangling & Conditioning Shampoo
|Sulfate-free Shampoo||OGX Shampoo, Healing Plus Vitamin E Shampoo
|Light-weight oil (Argon, Emu, Olive Oil)||Emu Oil Pure Premium|
|Leave-In Conditioner||Cantu Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner|
Curl Definition Daily Hair & Scalp Conditioning Mist
Water in a spray bottle with your favorite conditioner. 2-1 Mix
Note: We are not affiliated with or sponsored by any of the non-Saraeya Hair products listed above. These are brands that we have found work best for the hair extensions we offer.
Maintenance Tips for your Saraeya Hair Wig Units
- Always use minimal heat and heat protectant when achieving styles that require heat. Air trying when possible is always best.
- Detangling should always be done with your hands under water followed by a wide-toothed comb.
- Small-teeth combs as dis-advised for natural textured hair extensions as it separates curls more easily and could snap the hair strands attached to the wig unit base.
- Remember this hair will perform just like human hair because, well, it is!
- It is best to use a sulfate-free shampoo when washing your wig units so you do not dry out the hair.
- Conditioning and co/ washing is always recommended; using that time to infuse conditioning moisture back into the hair. Any product build-up should be addressed in a wash/ co-wash process, followed by a deep conditioner.
- Air drying is always recommended.
- Avoid sleeping in your wig unit. Rubbing and friction on wet or dry hair can cause tangling and matting.
- Braid down or twist your hair before installing your wig unit so the wig fits smooth without humps and bumps showing through the wig unit.
- Use a spritzing method of water and light conditioner throughout the day to revitalize your curls. Recommended for styles that are purposed for curls. Would avoid this for more straight textures.
- Curl custards and creams are also great for maintaining and define the curls of your wig unit.
- Avoid using heavy or excessive hairdressing products which weigh the hair down and can cause build up. Too much product will restrict your wig from performing freely and your style may become stiff.
- It is recommended that you consult with a professional stylist for coloring services. All Saraeya Hair extensions come in the natural brown or natural black colors.
- Extensions can absolutely be dyed or bleach but it must be done responsibly in order not to damage/ overprocess the extensions. The safety measure for coloring your extensions works the same as it would your own hair.
- Bleach the knots. Especially when wearing a wig unit with a defined part, it's best to bleach the knots or use flesh-toned color spray or concealer to make for a seamless "scalp". Consult a professional or check out some of our Youtube videos on our channel for the best way to do this. Videos should NEVER replace a professional consultation on the best method to do this.
Disclaimer: The above tips are ONLY suggestions on the best way to maintain your Saraeya Hair extensions. We recommend trialing products and methods that best suit your lifestyle and support your unique use of the hair. As you experiment with different products and routines, you are bound to find out the best methods for you and your journey using natural hair extensions.